Prev: RE: Re: D-Day was Shermans Next: RE: Back on subject - Mercs

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:56:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

At 1:21 PM -0800 1/10/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>Completely unrelated families.
>
>I know for a fact that neither track shoes, road
>wheels, final drives, transmissions, generators,
>starters, engines, or any other major components are
>the same.  Same motorpool as 1/36 Infantry in Kosovo.
>We tried to bum stuff of them but they kept very
>little M-113 PLL stock because they only had a few of
>them.

Well phooey. It seems to me that rather than extending the chassis of
the M113, a United Defense chassis common with the M2/3, MLRS, etc
would be the best thing to do. Start with your basic box APC and go
from there.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -

Prev: RE: Re: D-Day was Shermans Next: RE: Back on subject - Mercs