Prev: RE: Merc Guild Next: RE: Merc Guild

Re: How I see the Tuffleyverse was Re: Merc Guild

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:01:49 +1100
Subject: Re: How I see the Tuffleyverse was Re: Merc Guild

At 02:42  3/01/02 -0800, Brian B2 wrote:
>Derek Fulton wrote:
>
>>Me, I prefer to go back a bit further and compare the Tuffleyverse to
the
>>period of exploration and colonization by the Europeans.Being spread
out
>>amongst the stars tends to avoid the MAD risk present in the cold war
>>anology. A couple of dominant nations competing, closely followed by
>>smaller friends, allies and competitors. plus a number smaller
operators
>>out for what they can get.
>
>Sounds more like how I've always envisioned the space colonization
period.

Exploration and colonization obviously can go hand in hand, even in the
period of established star nations of  2180 to 2190 there will probably
be
lots of areas within human space yet to by fully exploited, bypassed in
the
initial rush to get the really good  colony sites [lot's of reasons for
friction as claims are disputed and therefore games :) ]. Also out on
the
rim of human space we will probably find explorers and colonists heading

out into the unknown, looking for a place to call their own or just
fulfilling that urge to see what is on the other side of that star
system
(whether for scientific or nationalistic reasons).

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com
URL; http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/

Prev: RE: Merc Guild Next: RE: Merc Guild