Prev: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's -Experience Vs. Training

Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:19:39 EST
Subject: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:04:29 -0500 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:

>From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
>
>> How will the OU protect their planets?  What will happen when the
>> expanded IC ground troops (and who decides who gets to have more
>troops
>> in the IC system) face Kravak invaders (assuming they don't just
>nuke
>> human planets as SOP)?
>
>A rather more worrisome question is, what happens when an expanded IC
>army *stops* facing KV invaders?  If you want a recipe for maximum
>chaos: the KV are just passing through, the come in Hu"man space from
>one side and go out the other side, pausing only to smack Earth and a
>few other major systems along the way.  With much of the inner core
>recovering, the highly militarized outer worlds breathe a sigh of
>relief for about eight minutes, then start thinking about what to do
>with their armies....even those nations which quickly demob have a
>relatively large group of people who've had combat training and
>experience, which tends to result in insurrections and revolutions
>(analogously to what happened from 1945 through about 1970 in places
>like Algeria, Kenya, Malaysia, Greece etc) when they're not being
>invaded by their neighbors.

You know the very (or was that varied) open structure of the IF (plus
their um, 'open' political format) is attracting me to get some IC
figures and try and organize an IC force for DS2...

Would they be HVC, GMS/H, HKP, MDC, or DFFG prone?  I would think DFFG
or
maybe HVC?  HEL seems unlikely (lots of closed terrain...)

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!