Prev: RE: Experience and Training Next: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:19:38 EST
Subject: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:09:28 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
>
>> As for 'bad guys' - Well, John this is a real  life
>> version of the
>> Tuffleyverse, strictly IMO, played out for our
>> benefit.  There may be bad
>> guys here but are there any good guys?
>> I think not.
>
>No, but the idea of defending yet another Islamic
>state pisseth me off heavily.	I mean it was bad
>enough defending the Bosnian Muslims and the Albanians
>in Kosovo.  But Pakistan?  Unfortunately they are too
>convenient right at this moment to permit India to
>smack them around.
>
>John

John, it's called Realpolitik and it's why I opted out of trying to work
for the State Department (along with being a natural born war gamer....
Bet *that* hobby would have drawn some odd looks if I done the "State"
thing.

Politics is (to paraphrase) the art of doing the possible.  And using
every other nation you can.

John, I don't care if they are Jewish, Islamic, animist, Hindu,
Buddhist,
Christian (pick your flavor - Roman Catholic, Orthodox, traditional
Protestant (Lutheran, Presbyterian, etc.) or some newer flavor, LDS
(oops, my prejudice is showing,) or Alien worshippers (well maybe the
latter is a bit over the line) as long as they don't represent a threat
to my country (which is the USA but I would feel the same if UK-ian,
Australian, South African or some other label.)  The world doesn't need
significant war that will risk de-railing a long overdue action -
international action against NGO's that choose to destabilize nations.
It all comes down to a nation's needs/goals/ideals played out on the
international stage.

*Now* to bring this back on topic.  (I hope)  What does anyone think
about the odds of humanity (in the Tuffleyverse) working together to
defeat the Kra'vak?  What would they need to do to defeat them?  More
importantly, *who* would need to get on board to give the humans a
chance
against the Kra'vak?  Work out your astropolitical angst on these
questions and related ones.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: RE: Experience and Training Next: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems