Prev: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems Next: RE: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/ DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's -Experience Vs. Training

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@p...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:28:32 -0800
Subject: Re: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's -Experience Vs. Training

Glenn M Wilson wrote:

> John, it's called Realpolitik and it's why I opted out of trying to
work

Ah, Otto Von Bismarck.	I knew I liked that guy for some reason other
than
sharing a birthday with him.....

> *Now* to bring this back on topic.  (I hope)	What does anyone think
> about the odds of humanity (in the Tuffleyverse) working together to
> defeat the Kra'vak?  What would they need to do to defeat them?  More
> importantly, *who* would need to get on board to give the humans a
chance
> against the Kra'vak?	Work out your astropolitical angst on these
> questions and related ones.

Hmm, odds of it happening?  Pretty good, although not without some bumps
in
the road as already seen by the bits written about it up to this point.
In
order for it to work, everyone needs to get on board from the sound of
things.  However, that's probably pretty likely as the K-V have made the
stupid (from the human perspective) mistake of going for the heart of
humanity (Earth), upon which all of the powers of the Tuffleyverse are
represented.  That'll be enough to unify them.	Had the K-V been smart
(or
informed) they'd have been better off going after the colonies of the
major
powers one-by-one, as any one power would've been reluctant to help
another.
By going straight for Earth, they've managed to attack the one place
that all
of the major powers will unify to protect.  After all, an orbital
bombardment
doesn't respect national borders, now does it? :)

Mark