Prev: Re: Replacing DSII Damage chits with die roll Next: Re: Framework of nations

Re: Framework of nations

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:20:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Framework of nations

"laserlight@quixnet.net" wrote:

> [...]
organization than I do.  But in any event I haven't elected him to spend
my money for me.  I *have* elected my senators to spend my money for me,
and they're the ones who would have a hand in sending it to the UN.

If the number of votes in the UN is determined by the amount of funding
that nations contribute, the US would be demoted to observer status (but
the US's permanenent seat on the Security Council prevents any
disciplinary measures being taken against them for failing to pay their
dues).

I would not want Bill Gates to have political power that matched his
financial power.  Microsoft has done a lot of things for only two
reasons: (1) MS can make more money, and (2) noone has the clout to stop
them.  Based on these, a Microsoft world would be a ruthless,

Prev: Re: Replacing DSII Damage chits with die roll Next: Re: Framework of nations