Prev: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models Next: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:41:46 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

----- Original Message -----
From: <devans@uneb.edu>
> Following my own advice, this test HAS content: I'd like to revisit a
topic
> earlier presented, using Star Wars Episode 1 Snapfast models for ships
in
> FTII battles.

> After finding a few extra plenty cheap, I'm trying several cut and
paste
> ideas. The first and simplest is the Sith Infiltrator, where I just
flip
it
> over so the bridge doesn't seem so obvious, and TOO large a scale.

I have this a s well, and have no problem with it's appearance. The
"bridge"
is a fairly closed cupola and could really be any size, so I don't think
it
is much aof a scale giveaway.

clipped
> the side engines and most of the 'fins' off the back.

I have no problm with this either. It has the looks of a somewhat
primitive
transport, and I use it as such. It only needs a decent paint job.

> Just to be repetitive, I think I'll try flipping the Large Transport,
> making the front the rear, forming an engine nozzle from the large
hatch,
> and trying to make a bridge to cover the ugly crack on what is now the
> top/rear bulge.

I use that one for DSII ;-)

There is also a set of 3 Snapfast fighters by AMT ERTL in a bigger boz
that
are about the right size for a cruiser, especially if you replace the
side panels by some weaponry bits.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models Next: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models