Prev: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models Next: Re: [FT] Action At A Distance

Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:36:13 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

Karl replied:
***
> ideas. The first and simplest is the Sith Infiltrator, where I just
flip
it
> over so the bridge doesn't seem so obvious, and TOO large a scale.

I have this as well, and have no problem with it's appearance. The
"bridge"
is a fairly closed cupola and could really be any size, so I don't think
it
is much aof a scale giveaway.
***

It's the red slits that, to me, make it a little out of whack with, say,
GZG ships, but you're quite right, pretty much a quibble. I think the
paint
job is more interesting on the 'real' bottom, though.

I'll let slip our obvious differences of opinion on the Rep Cruiser...

***
> Just to be repetitive, I think I'll try flipping the Large Transport,
*snip*

I use that one for DSII ;-)
***

Well, I AM a vac head... ;->=

***
There is also a set of 3 Snapfast fighters by AMT ERTL in a bigger boz
that
are about the right size for a cruiser, especially if you replace the
side panels by some weaponry bits.
***

These are the ones I'm using for the TFNS raiding groups! To the center
section I've built on a frame ala space dock, and the 'wings' are used
almost un-altered as over-gunned destroyers.

A picky thing about me is, either I use them in genre, or I try to alter
them to be almost unrecognizable. Again, I admit it's a personal thing,
and
I'll be considering therapy any day, now... ;->=

Yves replied:
***
I got some of those ships. They are 3 for 1$ (canadian) here. I will try
some of your idea when I got some spare time. I'm interrested to see
pictures if you got something good out of it.
***

Whoa, Nelly! (Archaic US colloquialism indicating surprise and a desire
gain attention)

I thought my two by 4 for $2US off of eBay, with the items handed to my
daughter just before I visited her, so no postage, was good! Lad, if you
can buy enough to make it worth your while to include shipping matching
that 4 for $2US, especially the Rep Cru and the Large Transport, please
contact me off list!

As for piccies, I've no site of my own worth talking about, nor a camera
worth the name here at home, but I'll see what I can do.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models Next: Re: [FT] Action At A Distance