Prev: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: RE: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Relative Power of Nations

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:27:44 -0800
Subject: Relative Power of Nations

Ok, I'm working on the specs for my new race and I'm trying to figure
relative strength to human nations.

So we have:

ESU:  total TMF ~49000, total NPV ~170000
NAC:  total TMF ~50000, total NPV ~173000
FSE:  total TMF ~41000, total NPV ~139000
NSL:  total TMF ~40000, total NPV ~137000

Now these are all powers that eminated from Earth and therefore have a
more limited population base then say an entire race even if they're
limited to currently 4 systems.

Working on the vision that you have an entire planet, say roughly the
same suface area and population capabilities of Earth, plus 2 colonies
planets in the system (1 planet 1 moon of gas giant) and sundry large
orbital settlements around the planet and the gas giant, then add a
moderate colony in the asteroid belt. Now they have 3 colony worlds in 3
different systems that have been around for about 50 years.

Where would you rate this in power if you assume medium to strong
military (working off the premise that they have just pulled out of a
nationalistic war 100 years before and been attacked by aliens 50 years
before?

This is a society based on the SST book vision and an mostly automated
manufacturing system.

Jaime