Prev: Relative Power of Nations Next: Re: [LST] AY Indi and others

RE: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: "Iain Davidson" <iain@a...>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 07:56:35 -0000
Subject: RE: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

As mentioned by others, M-class stars are small and cool (relatively !)

Class	  G		   M
Temp	 5.8x10e9	  3.3x10e9

The M class is about 0.3x Sun's radius and 0.2 x Sun's mass.  You would
need
about 100 M-class to shine as brightly as a G class.

NB All figures are approximate !!! ;-)

I do not recognise the star references you have quoted, or at least,
neither
of my astronomy programs have them in their databases in that form, so I
can't help you with those.

Cheers,
   Iain.