Prev: New Nation [longish] Next: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:24:45 +0100
Subject: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>

> 2. To really stick it to the LLAR.  Native groups in South America are
> extremely oppressed, it is well-documented.  By encouraging these
groups
> seek independence, they create a new enemy for the LLAR (The enemy of
my
> enemy....).

As a statement about the real-world situation referring to ALL Native
American groups in present-day South Amereica, this is quite an
exaggeration. There are severe problems in many places, but some white,
black or mixed groups suffer similarly, and elsewhere, Indios are the
majority ad have considerable cultural and political influence.

In the GZG universe, you can of course make up what you like. Note
however,
that I have done website on the LLAR.
http://home.t-online.de/home/kh.ranitzsch/lira/main.html
Here, the active contribution of Native American groups such as the
Kechua
and Guarani is positve and substantial.

>  We  encourage Native tribes from the LLAR (eg Miskitos, Yanomami) to
join
as  well."

Ofcourse, in such a diverse universe, there is enough opportunity for
some
groups to settle their own worlds :-)

> (These LLAR Indians would be used in LLAR mostly for slave labor, I'm
guessing).

A pretty wild guess - do I detect some anti-Latino bias here ? - Slavery
has
been outlawed in Latin America, like everywhere else, since the 19th
century. Harsh labour conditions do exist in places, admittedly. Whether
economic progress in the future will eliminate these is anyone's guess,
but
it is the (optimistic) assumption I made in my website.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: New Nation [longish] Next: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)