Prev: Re: Ghurkas Next: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

New Nation [longish]

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 22:04:35 -0800
Subject: New Nation [longish]

After all this talk about creating your own little billiwak in known
space I got thinking. I don't play with any official ship designs since
I find that they don't correlate well to my playing style and I think
one of FT's great strengths, and in fact fun bits, is the ship design.

I basically have 3 fleets right now painted. An Eath Force, a Narn, and
a Vorlon, which basically gives me either 2 earth tech, or 1 earth 1
kravak, and 1 sa'vasku. My only design restrictions is the size of the
models which I use as a basis for the mass of each ship design.

With the EA ships as my back bone I have a lot of "industrial" low
estetic ships. This works out pretty good for me since that's the basic
premise that I like playing with.

I'm a big fan of Roughnecks: the Starship Trooper Cronicals so I'm
integrating that vision into my outline. Heavy Gear is also a genre I'm
into, and with mecha that's blocky and practical it all fits together.

So, what I have is a framework for a new "nation", really to fit into
the GZG universe it's really a new race based with human tech since it's
simple, practical and realistic.

Name: working on it
Location: somewhere just on the edge of human space so that they're just
starting contacting man.
Systems colonised: 4 (including home system)
Tech: Equivilant to human
Government: Facist democracy (take right out of SST the book)
Millitary status: At war with part of the sa'vasku

History in brief:
* Homeworld consists of 4 continents.
* History consists of strife similar to man
* 5 nations take to space and colonise the system (orbitals around gas
giant, bases on 1 moon of gas giant, colonies in asteroid belt)
* After a final war a central government emerges (ala SST)
* Space colonies increase in size and homeworld gets rebuilt
* Advanced developement in robotics lead to robot based manufacturing
* Military downsized in manpower but technology more then makes up for
it
* Sa'vasku scouts arrive in system, attack orbital settlements of the
gas giant while skimming the atmosphere for nuitrients. 1 ship is
disabled
* After studying the damaged construct, FTL is discovered
* Rapid development of FTL capable ships
* establish colonies on 5 nearby systems
* 50ish years since fist contact with sa'vasku they return and wipe out
furthest colony
* 2 weeks later they wipe out a second colony
* fleet shores up defences and military moves in to full recuitement and
equipment stockpiling
* 6 weeks later 3rd colony is attacked but sa'vasku fleet is turned by
the lucky arrival of part of the space fleet on meneuvers
* a year goes by without incedent as central command attempts to locate
home of aliens
* "bugs" erupt at 3rd colony and a ground war ensues.
* "bugs" discovered in several other moons and colonies.
The war continues.

Technologies:
Space
* Same as human for space
- tend towards very large capital ships and cruisers
- smaller ships tend to be atmospheric capable.
- mostly multipurpose with a few mission built craft

Ground:
* extensice use of small mecha (aka gears)
* standard ground troops use light/slow PA
* squads of 7 men, 1 LT, 1 Sg, 5 infantry
 - heavy weapons handed out mission specific

Well that's the basics so far. What's the feedback?

Jaime

Prev: Re: Ghurkas Next: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)