Prev: Re: Prospective Novice Next: New Nation [longish]

Re: Ghurkas

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:01:30 +0100
Subject: Re: Ghurkas

Brian Bilderback wrote:

>I once heard an apocryphal story about a Gurkha game in WW2, involving
>slitting an enemy sentry's bootlaces without alerting him to your
presence.
>Can your acquaintance confirm/deny such?

The variant I've heard had the Allied troops ordered to tie their
bootlaces
with a special knot so the Gurkhas would recognize them as friendly (by
feeling the knot in pitch dark) and refrain from slitting their
*throats*
(or, more likely, push a kukri up their groins) :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Prospective Novice Next: New Nation [longish]