Prev: RE: Simpler space games for young uns Next: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:26:30 -0400
Subject: RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

No, the one that looks like a curvy version of
the Imperial TIE Interceptor.Central cross
section (like most Kra'Vak) with 4 sweeping
fangs or arms.

I had each of the 4 arms contain an extended
range (48mu) large K-Gun. The station had
thrusters, so that it could rotate. And the
station threw asteroids at the earth forces as
they approached. Unfortunatly, I had mis-balanced
the game (appologies to the players) in a late
change to the rules. The station was 3 tables
shifts back. I had intended for the Kra'Vak to
keep 1/2 of thier forces back in the 2nd shift
section. That way the Earth forces could
concentrate fire and advance; in the actual
game I did not do this <frown>. All the KV
started on the 1st table and the point cost
was about the same on both sides (not counting
the station). I also had too many ships and
the game bogged down, never leaving the 1st
table. If I were to run it again, I would
cut the force by 1/2 and split the KV force
into 3 sections (one for each table shift,
probably 50%, 30%, 20%).

-----
Brian Bell
-----