Prev: RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s) Next: RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:04:44 -0400
Subject: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s)

From: Bell, Brian K (Contractor) <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil>

> they approached. Unfortunatly, I had mis-balanced
> the game (apologies to the players)

We (the KV team) made two good decisions (we threw all our asteroids
down the left half of the table to delay that part of the HM fleet; we
started far forward and thrust backwards while facing forward), and
the HM made one poor decision (they let the rocks delay their center
and right while their left advanced unsupported).  The result was that
they lost a several thousand points of ships, while we lost a couple
hundred.  However, if we'd had unlimited time, I think the HM center
could have kept us occupied while the NSL went down to hammer the
station.

  I think it turned out to be too big for the time slot, but I'd
hesitate to say that it was unbalanced.