Prev: Re: [DS] Mixed units? Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?

Re: [DS] Mixed units?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 21:26:41 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] Mixed units?

Roger Books wrote:

>Just double checked.	Unit Integrety is pretty specific: "The only
>other time when elements can be outside integrity limits WITHOUT
>the unit being Disorganized is when destroyed or disabled elements
>are `left behind'..."
>
>This is the first rule we threw away.	Why?  One damaged tank drops
>the whole unit to 1/2 speed.  In a crunch situation that's ludicrous.

Uh?

As I understand it, "disabled" is a collective term for the damage
results
"Damaged", "Mobility" and "Systems Down". You left an important bit out
of
the above quote; there should be an "(eg: immobilised)" after
"disabled".
AFAIK "eg." means "for example", so other types of non-fatal damage also

appear to be considered "disabling". (Had it said "(ie: immobilised)" it

would have meant "disabled = immobilised" exclusively, but it doesn't.)

So, well... if you throw the above rule out, you don't allow ANY
vehicles
to be left behind for any reason, even if destroyed! :-)

As for mixed units, I agree with Noel: nothing in the rules prevents
them.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [DS] Mixed units? Next: Re: [DS] Mixed units?