Prev: Re: [DS] Counters instead of lead ... Next: Re: Wargames and Go strategy

Re: [DS] Counters instead of lead ...

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:53:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] Counters instead of lead ...

Jeremey Claridge wrote:

> > Um, yeah, right.  Not a setup, I've never seen your gallery
> > before.  :)
> >
> > Actually though wouldn't it work better for counters if they
> > were top shots?

The easiest way to achieve this would be a flatbed scanner I would think
- especially if you want a fairly high-res image. Less chance of lens
distortions as well (for those with a computer graphics background, you
should get a parallel projected image from a scanner rather than the
perspective projection given by a camera).

Blu-tack the vehicles to a sheet of card / plastic / whatever (black
might be best) and suspend it over the glass so that the models just
touch the surface. For a small model like a 1/300th tank, most scanners
should have sufficient depth-of-field to avoid going out of focus.

Just an idea :-)

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: [DS] Counters instead of lead ... Next: Re: Wargames and Go strategy