Prev: Re: [DS] Counters instead of lead ... Next: FMA Odds

Re: Wargames and Go strategy

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:37:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Wargames and Go strategy

You bet ! Go is much better than chess for strategic training, although
chess is
very good for teaching the principles of tactical combinations. And
unlike
chess, handicapping is possible, as is playing on a reduced sized board.

In some box somewhere I should have a copy of "WeiChi and Chinese
revolutionary
Strategy" which discusses Mao's strategy in Go terms.