Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious

RE: Just heard the news

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <webmaster@s...>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 03:00:54 +1000
Subject: RE: Just heard the news

> Evidently a number of airliners were hijacked and purposely crashed
> into the Pentagon, the World Trade Center in New York (which was hit
> by at least two planes) and other places.

It's 2:54am here in Melbourne Australia and I've been watching TV since
about 11pm when the news broke (right in the middle of The West Wing,
how's
that for heavy irony) and all I can say is - Oh My God.

Both WTC towers hit by planes and collapsed.
Pentagon hit by another plane.
Another plane down in Pittsburgh, possibly hijacked, possibly shot down.

These are the reports we're seeing live on our free-to-air networks
here,
most of whom are carrying the CNN coverage, one carrying BBC, and one
carrying - well another network I can't identify.

> All airline travel has been suspended within and into the US.  I have
> heard that Canada has also shut down air operations (can someone
> confirm this?).

International flights to NYC and Washington (and possibly others?) have
been
diverted to Canada, going off reports, so I don't think they've shut
down
incoming flights just yet. Outgoing, probably.

Personally, I am in shock. I am on the other side of the globe but this
has
just rocked me, my family, my friends whom I've been in contact with via
phone and ICQ, all of whom are still up and watching TV. Some of them
know
people (often via email pen pals) who work at the WTC.

To everyone over there in the US I send my thoughts, prayers (even
though I
not be a very religious person) and support.
.
.
.
.
And when I allow that little dark part of me to have a little air, I say
this: get the bastards.

Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: Scenarious