Prev: RE: (SG)Check those numbers (long) Next: Re: David's vehicle design

Re: Suggested figure posings (for Jon Tuffley)

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:32:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Suggested figure posings (for Jon Tuffley)

At 4:17 PM -0400 7/7/01, Thomas Barclay wrote:
><I've posted this to the list to see if anyone
>else has any new ideas or likes these>
>
>Jon:
>
>I've seen many figure poses over the last few
>years (having bought NSL, PAU, Gurkha, OUDF,
>FSE, NAC, Dutch, NI, ESU and other forces).
>Some are great, some look like they are trying
>hard to stretch in ways normal humans never
>could. Action poses tend to be either really
>solid looking, or really silly looking.
>
>One pose I have never seen, standing, prone,
>or kneeling, which would make for a good
>action pose:

I like the mag changing idea. A prone Saw Gunner would be nice too.
I've already modified a GMS/P figure to be prone along with a prone
sniper figure. (ghillie suit added too!) I really must get some
photo's done as I know folks want to see things. There's a few NAC
Coast Guard Vessels that folks will want to see as well.

Another few figures that would be nice are:

A Medic figure

For NAC alternate headdress in the form of Balmorals (highlanders!!!
I'll be scratch building the piper myself... )

A demolitions guy planting a charge or a mine. (sappers still exist
in SG right?)

Some vehicle crewman with smaller weapons like pistols and PDW's and
less armour plating things. The L7A3 is pretty compact but the
current trend in Combat vehicle crewman is to give them Personal
Defense Weapons with some sort of hybrid sized cartridge. A SG-ish
mean would be something like the L7 sans the grenade launcher
component. Also Combat vehicle crewman are staying with lighter
kevlar armour over the chest area and dispensing with other
components for reasons due to comfort and mobility in that tight
confined space. They still have CVC helmets and stuff. Perhaps a
different helmet with some sleeker bits to it and a breast plate only
as far as armour goes?

- Ryan Montieth Gill				      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
-	 Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri (sometimes Sat & Sun)      -
- Nextel: 404-557-5637 ID 35	  e-mail: Ryan.Gill@turner.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191	      Pager: ryan_gill@imcingular.com  -

Prev: RE: (SG)Check those numbers (long) Next: Re: David's vehicle design