Prev: Re: Suggested figure posings (for Jon Tuffley) Next: Re: David's vehicle design

Re: David's vehicle design

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:54:34 -0400
Subject: Re: David's vehicle design

At 12:15 PM +1200 7/8/01, Andrew Martin wrote:

>In my designs, I assume that modern battle tanks are around size six or
>seven. That's because I have M113 at Size 2, Bradley at Size 3 and M60
at
>around size 5. For the 120mm gun, I assume it's around size 6. 105 =
Size 5,
>90 = size 4, 75 = size 3. For the 140mm gun, I assume it's around size
7.

Wow, that's a bit large I think. I've always looked at the MBTs as
size 3 and 4.

If a 120mm gun is a size 6 how do you scale larger artillery like
Heavy artillery that is size 6 and 203mm or Med artillery that is
Size 4 and 155mm?

Given that a 2.5 ton truck or even a HEMTT is just as large as an MBT
(dimension wise..) I think your scales are a bit off.

Overall volume wise a Bradly isn't that much different than an
Abrams. The Abrams is longer and lower but the Bradley is pretty damn
tall.

Abrams 26' long 7' 9" tall. [size 3]
Bradley 21' long 9' 9" tall [size 3]
M60 22' long 10' tall [Size 3, HKP4, 2 MGs, that's 13 capacity points]

And a Bradly is a 1 shorter than an M60 in length and height.

Other numbers for comparison.

M113 16' x 8'[size 2 given it has a HMG + 11 passenger spots, 8
capacity points]
LAV (8x8) 21' 8' 10" [size 3-4]
8x8 HEMTT 33' Long [size 3-4]
US M35/44 2.5 Ton (the Deuce and a Half) 22' long [size 2-3]
US AAV7 25.5' long 10.5' tall [size 4, 3crew + 25 men, plus a HMG/GL
cupola]

All of these are in the size 3-4 class imo (except the M113 which is
stubby).

An Abrams would work out to be a size 4 I think. Size 5 is getting
into the MAUS size of tank. 6 and 7 are just massive objects like
those big open pit mining trucks.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: Suggested figure posings (for Jon Tuffley) Next: Re: David's vehicle design