Prev: Gurkhas uploaded Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

beams and shooting at fighters

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:03:59 -0400
Subject: beams and shooting at fighters

While the iron is hot....

My big beef, from a recent game, is with the
inability of ships to engage non-attacking
fighters. Here's the situation: Landing assault on
a planet. Assaulting player is losing transports.
But his fighters (having wiped out the
defenders) are utterly safe because the
defender can't fire at them if they don't attack.
He says to me "Why don't I put my marines
aboard fighters since they're invulnerable?". He
was being facetious, but the point was valid.
Since ADFC is uncommon in FB designs, and the
defending fleet had none (mostly small ships
like CVs, FFs and DDs), they were utterly unable
to swat the pesky fighters flying around. They
could kill any OTHER object on the board....

I wonder if there is a good way to address this.

Prev: Gurkhas uploaded Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?