Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: stranger@c...
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:22:05 -0500
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

> --- stranger <stranger@cvn.net> wrote:
> > For the Kzinti, fighters are critical in SFB, as
> > well as the Hydrans.
> >

> True, but the actual numbers of fighters were
> relatively small, and normal weapons could
> fire at them, so regular ships didn't feel so
> naked as far as defense.

However, those weapons were quite a bit more potent than the FT fighter
ones,
so numbers are not needed.  A fighter in SFB is quite a bit more
powerful than
a single fighter in FT.

IN games I've played, at least when the Kzinti are involved, are usually
not
about big ship vs. big ship, but about big ship vs. a lot of little
ships.

I do agree though, that for the most part, SFB is a game about cruisers
fighting cruiser.

George

Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games