Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:25:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Reasonably balanced forces for quick games

At 11:18 AM -0300 6/6/01, Brian A Quirt wrote:
>     I'm thinking of putting together a few Stargrunt 15mm forces
>which I could take around for quick games (and use for
>introductory 'meeting engagement' type games). Thus, I want a few
>forces which are (at least mostly) balanced against each other, but
>with different styles of play (and difficulty levels) which I can
>slot in against one another. Note that one of the reasons the force
>numbers are coming out the way they are is that I'm trying to build
>slightly non-conventional forces out of the 15mm squad packs
>available....

It really depends on the conflict involved. If its a brush fire war,
the US experience with ACAVs was pretty spot on for what was needed.
APC's with 3 MGs and some tanks thrown in. There was an infantry
squad per platoon of ACAVs. A good fast force that could bring a lot
of hell down on insurgents performing an ambush on someone else or
attacking a leaguer.

I'd suspect that a force designed to go out on its own would have
some organic mortars too.

Preferable for a quick game would be two squads/platoons that are out
performing patrols on the FEBA. ie the go out at night look for enemy
patrols and see what intel they can pick up. Some will lay an ambush,
others will just patrol.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays