Prev: Re: Sensors Next: Re: Sensors

Re: Sensors

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:12:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Sensors

I really like that suggestion a lot!

I've always thought that once you got into tactical range (i.e. the
tabletop), you had already detected the enemy (save possible stealth
type
craft).  I'd figured that once you got into the scope of what Full
Thrust
handles, you'd already played the sensor detection games, found the
enemy,
and the engagement had begun.

I like the idea of giving the side with superior detection some
advantage in
setup.

I'm not sure about the starting thrust rating, but it does follow that a
group of vessels that may not have detected the attackers until after
the
attackers had begun their run could have a lower starting thrust.  It
may
not be 100% realistic, but I think it would play well.

This could also encourage players to include scout-type ships in their
fleets with dedicated sensing equipment, since every little bit of
advantage
goes a long way.

George