Prev: Re: Orbital Cannon Next: Re: [FT] Can "Extra Damage Control Parties" be hit on Threshholds?

[SG2] an odd idea for figure basing

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 13:16:27 -0400
Subject: [SG2] an odd idea for figure basing

Just an odd idea (somehow, Mr. Beast must
have infected me... odd ideas are usually his
forte).

I base my SG2 figs on pennies. Works well. But I
thought an interesting option might be to try to
acquire appropriate low value coinage from
each realm and base the figures accordingly

(ie NAC on Canadian and US Pennies, maybe
some British Pence if they are big enough).

Is this idea feasible? It'd be kinda cool to turn
over my OUDF to the Oz/NZ equivalent of a
penny (which might well be a penny!) or to flip
over my NSL and find pfennigs or whatever the
appropriate coinage is.

My one fear about this idea is that some
nations (Netherlands come to mind) use coins
so darn small I'd probably have to go to a fair
value of coin to manage.

Anyone care to suggest appropriate coins for:
1) NSL
2) OUDF
3) NI
4) FSE

Of course, the KV are gonna be a b*tch to get
coins for.... (unobtainium kopins are hard to get
here in Ottawa).

:)

BTW - If this is a federal crime of some sort in
your area, my apologies. Far as I've ever been
able to determine, it is the only _valid_ use for

Prev: Re: Orbital Cannon Next: Re: [FT] Can "Extra Damage Control Parties" be hit on Threshholds?