Prev: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics

Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:48:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics

--- Shawn M Mininger <smininger@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Heh heh yeppers, With missles and fighters,
> initiative
> is effectively a moot point.
>
> As for the fire control limits, normally would
> agree,
> if you are using the 'canned' ships out of the book.
>
> Heh heh heh but (as I mentioned a while ago when I
> was
> seeking advice on fighting Sa'vasku monoliths) my
> group usually custom builds our ships.

The Sa'vasku ability on custom hulls to build
something like 40 fighter groups on 2000 points
seems kind of unbeatable. No-one in our group
wants to play scenarios with them anymore. I
might if I had a MAJOR MAJOR point advantage in
the game. The Kra'vak and the Phalons seem
somewhat more manageable. I admit I have very
little FT experience to base this on. I'd almost
rather play the B5 shadows. At least there you
might have the Mimbari to attack them with.

Prev: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics