Prev: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics

From: Shawn M Mininger <smininger@y...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics

Actually, I have a ton of experience with this very
thing.	Facing Sa'Vasku Monoliths was unbeatable.  He
didn't even take many fighters, just a bunch of
FireCons and blasters(I don't remember the official
name for them) and an immense amount of power.	He had
so much power to pump into the blasters, he could hit
us from accross the board before we could get close.
When we finally got a few remaining ships close, he
was even more efficient at blowing us up.  We finally
came to the same conclusion.  Phalons and Kra'Vak are
balanced, but we no longer allowed Sa'Vasku....thier
ships allow too much leeway for abuse when custom
building.

--- David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Shawn M Mininger <smininger@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Heh heh yeppers, With missles and fighters,
> > initiative
> > is effectively a moot point.
> >
> > As for the fire control limits, normally would
> > agree,
> > if you are using the 'canned' ships out of the
> book.
> >
> > Heh heh heh but (as I mentioned a while ago when I
> > was
> > seeking advice on fighting Sa'vasku monoliths) my
> > group usually custom builds our ships.
>
> The Sa'vasku ability on custom hulls to build
> something like 40 fighter groups on 2000 points
> seems kind of unbeatable. No-one in our group
> wants to play scenarios with them anymore. I
> might if I had a MAJOR MAJOR point advantage in
> the game. The Kra'vak and the Phalons seem
> somewhat more manageable. I admit I have very
> little FT experience to base this on. I'd almost
> rather play the B5 shadows. At least there you
> might have the Mimbari to attack them with.

> http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

=====
Thank You,

Shawn M Mininger

Prev: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons