Prev: Crash - Thud - Boom Next: Re: stirred up by childhood memories

Re: stirred up by childhood memories

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:31:23 -0500
Subject: Re: stirred up by childhood memories

***
1) Anyone remember the game "Fortress America" by Milton Bradley? It
isn't
too bad, but the interesting piece here is that the hover tanks for the
game
look like they would make pretty good Class 1 or 2 tanks for DSII. And
the
mech units would work for wheeled scouts or small APCs. Anyone ever use
these pieces like this?
***

I actually rather enjoy the game, though tend to fail my objectives
regularly. My idea for a campaign would use a modified FA for the ground
combat, and hoped that Walter's idea of strategic 'battles' generating a
fixed set of DSII scenerios might be worked in. Too bad that never
showed
much fruit on the list.

I know of folks that have used the figs, but, as the Renegade Legion and
the old Fortress resin tanks are still fairly available, somewhat easier
take paint, and better detailed, I always planned on using the extra FA
pieces I have for the strategic board as markers.

***
2) I do not remember the company, but for the longest time my brother
and I
would get small boxes of HO scale infantry and snap together vehicles -
***

Well, plenty of companies made the soldiers, but the only HO vehicles I
know of were the Roco's, and I don't think they ever needed snapping.
;->=

***
I remember reading some things about WWII battles using Stargrunt as a
basis, but my cursory search turned up zilch. Anyone know where I could
find something like that?
***

Is the unofficial Stargrunt II site running? I thought I heard it was
between IP's. I might well be mistaken, but I think I remember something
there on a WWII conversion.

Prev: Crash - Thud - Boom Next: Re: stirred up by childhood memories