Prev: needle beams Next: Re: Ship Stats Question

RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"

> OK. So if you go with Team of 4-8 (squads of 8-16),

4.

> that is still only 8 or > 16 rounds per team. Now we

No, it's over 200.  Every man in the company carries 2
60mm rounds, drops them off with the 2 60mm mortars,
and goes onto attack.

Dedicated ammo porters could carry far more rounds.

> can carry, then it matters).	I would suggest that
> an ammo counter should > equal about 1 turn (15
minutes) worth of EFFECTIVE > fire and 2 turns (30
> minutes) of Harassing fire. Not having served, how
> many rounds is this?

WHOAH!	15 mins?  Not bloody likely.  There would
never be a barrage that long.  Too dangerous.  And
take too much ammo.  No, a fire mission is generally
no more than 6-9 rounds per gun--remember the beaten
zone is due to the submunitions in most rounds.  And
the rounds don't actually fall for the entire game
turn.  Otherwise you'd be calling in artillery and
letting it block off avenues of approach and everyone
who drove through there for the rest of the turn would
be subject to fire.

John

Prev: needle beams Next: Re: Ship Stats Question