Prev: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

needle beams

From: Shawn M Mininger <smininger@y...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:00:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: needle beams

Howdy folks, this is a two part question.

First, does anyone happen to know mass and cost of
normal needle beam?  I think it's mass:2 cost:6 but I
don't have my books handy (loaned them to a friend)

Second, NI SkunkWorks proposed a Heavy NeedleBeam.
Stats are as follows:

Heavy Needle Beam

0-12" HNB's act as two normal Needle beams, targeting
the same system on the same ship.

12-24” HNB’s can fire a single normal needle beam die.

If two sixes are rolled vs. Main drive (or any other
two-hit system), it is totally destroyed.

Two sixes vs. single hit systems, destroys the
targeted system, cause 1 point of hull damage, and the
extra hit gets rerolled as a normal beam (skipping
armor).

Mass		  Cost		       Note
5		  15		       One arc only.

I think this is about perfect, but my bussie says that
it's too cheap.....he thinks that the extra range
should be MUCH more expensive.	I'd be willing to up
the mass to 6 and the cost to 18, but that's about it.

What do you think?

=====
Thank You,

Shawn M Mininger

Prev: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons