Prev: [FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

RE: Customized Sa'Vasku

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:19:42 -0600
Subject: RE: Customized Sa'Vasku

> Folks, let me tell you how to design an unstoppable
> Sa'Vasku.......it's real simple.........4 stingers, 4
> fire controls, medium hull, and  AS MUCH POWER AS
> POSSIBLE!!!

Hmmm, I just whipped up a 3000 pt SV ship just to see what it looked
like:

Che'D'ar class Sa'Vasku Cheeseship
Mass 994
Cost 2998
BioMass 300
Carapace 75
Power Generators 409
FTL
4 Stinger Nodes
4 Cortex Nodes

I compare this to the Super Star Destroyer I created for my Sci-Fi
Crossover
scenario (Mass 1400, Cost 4538) which I separated into 7 sections of 200
mass each.  In the firing phase of the game, I allowed the SSD player to
fire only 1 section of the ship at a time.  FT was never designed to
support
ships of this size so as was suggested by others, anything over 300 mass
should be treated as a 'supership' and subdivided into sections and then
only let one section fire at a time.

There are the other tactics described by others, load up on bathtub
launchers of MT missiles (he barely moves at all so should be an easy
target), fighter swarms (you could field 10 of those Mass 80 carriers
for 50
fighter groups), etc.  Basically don't play his game, turn around and
make
him follow you on a floating board (dropping mines the whole time).  My
favorite is the option of insulting his tactical ability (not the ship
design) and dare him to take your fleet against you playing his ship and
see
if he can do better than you have.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/

Prev: [FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting