Prev: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End Next: RE: Customized Sa'Vasku

[FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:09:31 -0500
Subject: [FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar

In parallel to the current SG(?) WotD discussion, I thought the next FT
WotW
could be the Targeting Lidar - a Firecon enhancing system. I suppose
their
not the same concept, but one reminded me of the other.

Targeting Lidar

MASS: 1, Cost: 4
When used in concert with a Fire Control, each Targeting Lidar system
subtracts 2" from the effective range of a single target ship. TL
effects
are cumulative up to a point. A given weapon can receive
benefits of 1 TL for each 12" (or part thereof) of range.

Point Defense weapons may not use TL's. They are too weak to have their
range
extended significantly.

TLs are not Fire Controls - a FireCon must be used to target a ship
normally, and
the TL used in addition.

Examples:
1) A Class 1 beam or needle using a TL can fire effectively out to 14",
but
neither can
benefit from more than 1 TL because each weapon's power is too low for
the
increased accuracy to be useful beyond that range.
2) A P-Torp can benefit from up to 3 TLs to make effective range 6"
closer,
extending
the 2+ to hit band to 0-12" and the 6+ to-hit band to 30-36"

Prev: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End Next: RE: Customized Sa'Vasku