Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: re: [SG] Leader placement

RE: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:24:51 -0500
Subject: RE: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Suggest that you play a mini campaign.

Each player starts with 1000 pts of ships. These may be divided into any
number of fleets. All ships must have FTL or a Tug to carry it from
square
to square. The player also gets 1 shipyard.

Get a chess board. This represents the enhabitible systems (64 total).

Fleets can only move forward, back, left, right (no diagonals) based on
the
slowest MD in the fleet).

To hold a system, you must end the turn with a fleet in the square.

A turn lasts until all fleets have been given a chance to move.
  Fleets may move or pass. If they pass they may not move this turn
(except
to escape).

When a 2nd fleet enters a square, both sides give the number of ships,
number of escorts, cruisers and capitals, and total point value of each
fleet. The fleet that occupied the square may choose to fight or flee.
  If it fights, do so using normal FT rules.
  If it flees, it may move up to MD squares away to an empty or friendly
square.
    If the entering fleet is faster, the fleeing fleet takes 5 points of
damage (it may distribute this any way the player sees fit).

At the end of each turn, each player gets 100 construction (at the home
planet).
  The player also gets 10 construction points per system held (not
counting
the home planet).
  These ponits may be saved to build a larger ship.
  Construction is done at a shipyard.
  A shipyard may be constructed for 200 construction points in any
occupied
system.
    If there is more than 1 shipyard, the player must designate at which
shipyard the construction points are located.
    A shipyard may use the construction points that are stored at it to
manufacture ships.
    It may spend upto 200 construction points per turn to build ships.
(Ships that cost more than 200, will take multiple turns to construct).
    If a system with a shipyard is lost, the ships in progress are lost
and
the opponent gains the shipyard and any stored construction points.

The game ends when 1 player has controled 32 systems for 5 turns.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
-----