Prev: RE: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

re: [SG] Leader placement

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:33:49 -0500
Subject: re: [SG] Leader placement

Hi Roger,

>Just wondering how everyone assigns their leaders.

I usually set it up similarly to the way others' have mentioned.  In my
regular platoons (and PA platoons) the platoon commander is in a squad.
For my NAC, I run it with a 6 model command squad (including an EW
trooper
model, though not always used as such) and a separate 2 model medic
unit.
I treat the medics as a separate "squad" though there are only two of
them,
and they get to run around the platoon area helping out with treating
wounded as necessary (and occasionally helping out with their rifles...
it's amazing how effective two troopers with just rifles can be if used
at
the right moment to dump down a supression).  At the company level,
(well,
I only have one company size formation of SG figures, and that is my NAC
-
other stuff is all single platoons only) I have a company command squad
(appx 6 models, including EW, etc.) that represents command staff, commo
guys, attached FOs, etc., and an additional 6 model "security" squad
that
is beefy - two SAW gunners and a Plasma Gun trooper - to protect the
commander and his staff.  Then I have an attached squad of three mortars
(I
guess a mortar battery?) that is also a "company level" asset.

Some people (Tom Barclay is a proponent of this, I believe) like to have
the platoon commanders running around as single figures sometimes.  I
understand why - it is more in keeping with what "real" platoon
commanders
do in most western armies.  I'm happy keeping the game a bit more
abstracted, and letting the platoon commander stick with the riflemen
who
are assigned to him.

Prev: RE: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku