Prev: RE: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice Next: Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice

Re: (Semi-OT) Notes from the zip drive

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:12:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: (Semi-OT) Notes from the zip drive

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> That's a pretty damn impressive feat of reverse
> engineering and
> prescience, considering that humanity had no
> wreckage to study -
> indeed, not even positive proof that the Kra'Vak
> were aliens - until
> 2184...
>
> How did the NRE manage to adapt to a threat, and
> copy technology, that
> no human didn't even know existed at the time?
> Divine intervention? <g>

That's the result of not explaining myself fully.

The only ship I've really done the K-varient for is
the St. John the Apostle, a Superdreadnought which was
laid down in late 2183.  With a number of K'V contacts
which went off badly for the Empire, and intelligence
gathered from other nations which had even more
contacts, some basic characteristics of the K'V
weapons systems were deduced by late 2184.  With a
dreadnought still on the ways (approaching
completion), it was decided to put together a refit
program to attempt to counter-balance the K'V's
advantages.  This involves [Censored]  So it's a
pretty extensive rebuild that delays completion until
mid-2185.

I'm planning on field-testing the St. JtA this week
and I'll post the specs at the time of the AAR.

John

Prev: RE: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice Next: Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice