Prev: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?

Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:19:57 -0600
Subject: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

In message <ML-3.4.985705240.2225.books@babinga.dms.state.fl.us>, Roger
Books w
rites:

> > FMASk (DROP ALL ELSE!)
> >   It seems to me that this game could really draw in new players.
> >   It's new, it's "lower scale" and IMO might be more attractive to
> >   40kers than SG2 was.
>
> So you would jump on the new and nifty before putting out DSIII to
> support an already extensive range of miniatures????	I'm not going
> to suggest what should be done next, it's not my business and not
> my income, it's just this suggestion seems...odd.

Heck yeah.  There are a lot more 25mm SF skirmish players than there
are microarmor players in all eras.  Put something out to attract
them, they like the rules, branch out to other GZG products.  DS2 has
been out for 6+ years-- most of the people who are going to pick it up
already have, you're just getting the occasional new player.  Put out
DS3, all you sell is the rulebook, plus maybe a small increase in mini
sales.	Put out FMASk, you sell the rulebook (sales would probably be
similar), plus you might get a larger mini sales increase from new

Prev: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?