Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: Re: [ft] Needle damage mechanics plus background

Re: FW: London Times Article

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:03:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FW: London Times Article

Wasn't this also one of Saberhagen's Berserker stories ? Damaged
Berserker,
directedto a 'plum' planet. A military officer is outraged, but then the
encyclopedia salesman reveals the deception.

The moral of this statement that our deceitful nature is a survival
trait.

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:50:36 EST JRebori682@aol.com writes:
> <snip>
> >Second) I recall just recently reading a short story about the
capture
> >of a space ship by a piratical force. Needing to decide on where to
go
> >for thier next attack, they discover a set of encyclopedias and the
> >salesman for them. He shows them an entry for a pleasant,
unprotected,
> >and rich planet not too far from thier present location. After they
> >leave to go after this plum. the salesman reveals to the outraged
crew
> >that the place doesn't exist and in fact was inserted into the book
> >catch plagarists. They inform the "space patrol" types of the
> >destination of the pirates, and they are caught. Might be a useful
> >start to a scenario design.
>
> B-E-E-U-T-I-F-U-L!
>
> I love it.

> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: FW: London Times Article Next: Re: [ft] Needle damage mechanics plus background