Prev: Re: 6mm Hammers Slammers Combat Car was A interesting sample from Next: GAC/MDC/HVAC/RFAC technobabble for the uninitiated...

GAC/MDC/HVAC/RFAC technobabble for the uninitiated...

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 18:56:33 -0500
Subject: GAC/MDC/HVAC/RFAC technobabble for the uninitiated...

>LOL, this is like when me and my friends talk computer hardware!
>
>"You need good CAS2 mem to be able to bump the FSB higher than 133 Mhz"
>"Yeah, but you haveto watch the PCI and the AGP so you have a gfxcard
and
pci cards that can take it."
>"And watch for CRC-check failures, that's a sure sign."
>"Mkay, but do I haveto watch my temps too?"
>"Definitely."
>
>bottom line.... MDC of the RFAC? =)

Heh :)

Technobabble for the uninitiated...

RFAC = Rapid Fire Auto Cannon - just like a modern day autocannon with
ammo
from about 20mm up to 40mm (size 1 and size 2 in Stargrunt terms).  A
"light" cannon.

MDC = Mass Driver Cannon - magnetically accelerated rounds (ok, don't
everyone jump on the "exactly what is a gauss weapon" discussion
again... ;)

MDC's come in two types.  The MDC itself is a "big gun", available in
size
classes 3 to 5 only, and the GAC (Gauss Auto Cannon) is the lighter
version
- akin to the RFAC.  The HVC (High Velocity Cannon) is the "big gun"
version of the conventional firing cannon - and the RFAC is the light
version of that type of system.

So, the RFAC is to GAC as the HVC is to MDC.  Clear?  :)

Adrian Johnson
adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca