Prev: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: That Age Thing

Re: That Age Thing AND FMAS names

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:27:03 EST
Subject: Re: That Age Thing AND FMAS names

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:01:15 -0500 "Jalinth Kirkwood"
<canieda_elgorn@hotmail.com> writes:
>> Know what you mean, Dave. It was nice to hear some fess up to over
>50,
>even
>> if it might only be a couple/three years.
>>
>> I'll be holding on to 49 by my finger nails til the fall.
>>
>> By the way, you ARE a young whippersnapper.
>>
>> However, Beth IS a child. ;->=
>>
>Which makes me, at 16.5, what? An Infant or Pre-Natal?

Remember you are an 'old fart in training' or some such, my memory is
fading...

>And now for something On-Topic:
>
>Here is an almost complete list of names suggested for FMAS in
>semi-Alphabetic order with my Comments. Some are rather tounge in
>cheek so
>please don't be offended by them.
>
>Alpha Team
>Assault Force
>Alien Soil - Sounds to Large Scale

That's what Aliens do when attacked unexpectedly - they soil
themselves...

>Body Count
>Bayonet Point - Stargrunt 1.8K :-)
>Blazin' Beamers - LOL
>Black Op
>
>Contact!
>Crash Action - Sound like subs to me.
>Close Action
>Combat Drop
>Combat Team
>Cold Steel - Stargrunt Fantasy Battle... Hmmm that would be a neat
>Idea
>actually.
>Close Assault
>Check your targets - Sound like an Aliens Reference "Check those
>Corner!" -
>Apone
>CQB (Close Quarters Battle)
>
>Doom Squad
>Duck and Cover - With Burt the Turtle on the Cover! Yah! *Females
>Singing*
>Tweedle-dum-dum, Tweedle-dum-dum, There was a turtle by the name of
>Burt,
>and Burt the Turtle was very alert. When Danger threatened he never
>got
>hurt. He knew just what to do. *Boom* He'd Duck and Cover... Ok I'll
>stop
>now :-)

And his buds, Raphael, Michelangelo, and ummm. darn that memory thing..

>Die Shift
>Doom Platoon
>Death Watch
>
>Engage!
>Enemy Force!
>
>Fireteam Zero
>Full Auto - All the time, All the time.
>Fire Zone
>
>Ground Zero - Sounds like a Post-Apocalyptic game or a description of
>my
>bedroom.
>Generic Universal Tactical System (GUTS)
>Guns and Ammo
>Gauss and Grenades
>Go In - Fits in with leaving the game open to bad sex puns.
>Go To Ground - Sounds like we just got the S**t kicked out of us and
>we got
>to hide from the Invaders.
>
>Hell Patrol - DOOM III
>Hostile Contact!
>
>In Harm's Way
>Immediate Action
>
>Killing Ground
>Knife Edge
>
>Marines and Mini-Nukes
>Man Down - Rainbow 6
>
>Overwatch
>Orbital Assault - Is this FMAS or A new name for DS2 :-)
>
>Pointfire
>Planet Platoon - Groan.
>Point of Contact
>Point Man - Not who'd I want to be, still good name.
>Power Armor
>Power Troopers
>PIGs and Power Armor

Miss Piggy Supreme Commander!

>Plasma Strike!
>
>Reaction Fire
>Rapid Fire!
>Rules of Engagement - Taken. A pair of spaceship combat games. Not bad
>actually. If you also had Breach 2 or 3 you could use Breach to do
>boarding
>actions.
>Recon One
>
>Section Leader!
>Special Action
>Strike Swiftly
>Sudden Death - Taken. Space Fighter game I belive.
>Surgical Strike
>Sharp Edge
>Special Forces
>Sustained Fire
>Shots Fired! - Sounds like a police game
>
>The Sharp End
>Target Rich Environment - FMAS VS DS2. You're not outnumbered, your in
>Target Rich Environment!
>Target Front
>Take Down - SWAT Team
>Target Destroyed
>Taking Fire! - Police again
>
>Under Fire! - and again
>Up Close and Personal
>Under Cover - The name is Bond, James Bond. or Under Cover, Under
>Lynx.
>Bonus points if you get the last reference, and instant death if you
>don't
>get the 1st.
>Unfriendly Fire - Is there any other kind?
>
>Weapons Free - Top Gun

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Childish things was Re: That Age Thing Next: Re: That Age Thing