Prev: Re: [CON] GZG ECC IV - Two weeks to go.... Next: RE: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages

RE: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 16 Feb 2001 14:15:53 -0800
Subject: RE: FMA necromunda scirmish level rules

On Fri, 16 February 2001, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> ("Street Level" was an early idea, but there were comments that it
sounds
> like a bad Leo Sayer album from the 70s.....	)  ;-)

It was taken. *L* "Street Level" was a supplement to a cyberpunk style
RPG.

> Also, given the generic nature of the rules, we don't want a name that
ties
> it to too tightly to the urban/street/cyberpunky/necromundary type
skirmish
> alone.

I'm thinking about it... I'm thinking about it...

You have a two syllable thing going. "Full Thrust", "More Thrust", "Dirt
side", "Star grunt". BDS will change that, but so far you have a "theme"
going.

It needs to convey fast paced action, a military theme, and science
fiction.

That's a tough proposition, but you've managed it three times now...

It should also convey skirmish ground action. That makes it even harder.

Fireteam works, but it's been used before and it isn't "sci-fi".

Star Squad sounds like a bad '70s sci-fi sitcom.

Starsoldier has been done.

I'm going to think about it on the way home and see if I can come up
with something...

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: [CON] GZG ECC IV - Two weeks to go.... Next: RE: [OT]Back on the subject of Web pages