Prev: Re: [FT] Miles Vorkosigan Next: Unsubscribe help?

RE: [FT] Miles Vorkosigan

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:53:59 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Miles Vorkosigan

Can't remember the details, but "The Vor Game" mentions that the new
naval
weapon of choice in that period was the "Gravatic Imploder Lance?".  The
tech details are different to the HH Gravlance, in that it is a
glorified
tractor beam, using gravity to damage enemy ships.  This is due to
defensive
technology having caught up with kinetic, nuclear, laser and plasma
weapons,
rendering them almost useless in a standard engagement.  Short ranged
compared to the plasma weapons available, but more destructive.

I haven't even looked at conversions, as space combat isn't a major
component of the series (from those I've read).

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM