Prev: RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions Next: Re: [sg] Support Weapon Questions (Somewhat related)

[OT] A brief but sad reminder

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:18:31 -0500
Subject: [OT] A brief but sad reminder

Sorry for the somber moment. I just thought I'd point out to the list
members that on this Wednesday past, it was the 4th anniversary of the
passing of our old list-admin Adam Delafield. I never really had a
chance to
meet Adam, as many of us did not, but his passing was rather sudden (and
he
was far too young). I guess I'm just recalling this anniversary because
he
was "one of ours" and part of the glue that holds us together - the
list.
St. Jon memorialized Adam's contribution by naming a ship class after
him
(and of course, not playing FT much, I totally don't recall the ship
type or
fleet though I suspect NAC).

For those who may never even have heard of Adam, or for those who just
wish
to recall again that sad passing, here is our little cyberspace memorial
Adam.

http://www.ftsr.org/gzg/Adelafield.html

I came across this recently when perusing the net and it made me stop
and
think about all the great people I've met on the list. I hope all of you
live to be 1000! (especially Mr. Kochte, the only man I've met with
worse
luck with dice than me... its always nice to know you're not fickle Lady
Luck's only enemy....)

And the last part of this thought was a reminder to say thanks to our
current list admin (Jonathan White? It's been so long since we've had
list
related hickups I'm not 100% sure... this tells me he must be doing a
bang
up job). The list is part of the fabric of the GZG experience for me and
it
has let me make friends all over the globe (some of whom I met at ECC
and
some of whom I still have yet to see in the flesh) and the list-admins
do a
bang up job of keeping us up and running and handling problems. So
here's a
big "High Five!" to them....

Have a good day.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

2001: To the New Millenium! The next thousand years
are MINE.

Prev: RE: [sg] Support Weapon Questions Next: Re: [sg] Support Weapon Questions (Somewhat related)