Prev: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars Next: Re: [FH] PAU

Re: Governments in the Tuffleyverse

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:04:18 EST
Subject: Re: Governments in the Tuffleyverse

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:55:31 -0500 "Bell, Brian K"
<Brian_Bell@dscc.dla.mil> writes:
>ITTT (http://www.ftsr.org/gzg/ittt.html) has controlling boards on a
>corporate, system, planetary, and smaller scales (right down to
>village
>controlling boards). The members of the controlling boards are voted
>into
>office by the stockholding residents of the area they control. One
>share of
>stock provides one vote. Every citizen of ITTT is provided one share
>of
>stock at birth and may earn more through providing good service to
>ITTT
>(bonus stock and stock options are common incentives). Stock may be
>inherited, but becomes non-voting stock (at all but corporate level),
>when
>it changes hands. A "Vote of No Confidence" may be called at any time
>by any
>group representing a number of shares equal to 20% of the number of
>shares
>that appointed a member of the controlling board. A "Call of Repeal"
>may be
>called at any time using the same rules to try to remove offending
>leglislation or corporate policy. A Vote of No Confidence or Call of
>Repeal
>force a vote of all shareholders of the region. Success removes the
>board
>member, legislation, or offending policy.
>
>-----
>Brian Bell
>bkb@beol.net
>http://www.ftsr.org
>-----

Brian,

I like this, Business as government.  Have you written out any
pseudo-history for the 'government' by any chance?  No, I haven't tried
the URL, no browser capability at home.  Off work today for a local con
and library is busy in evenings.

Gracias, Triphibious/Glenn (first war game played 1959)
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!
Resistance is EVERYTHING!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars Next: Re: [FH] PAU