Prev: Re: Dollar Store Treasures Next: Re: [SG2] vehicle weapons vs. infantry

Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 20:16:51 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:32:20 +0100, "Oerjan Ohlson"
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
wrote:

>Um... isn't this exactly what the "Heavy Weapons Fire Against Infantry"
>rule (SGII p.40) is saying?
>
>"For IMPACT, trat the fire as though it was from a GPE artillery round,
>... - thus a D8 is rolled against the Armour of whichever troops take
>the potential hits."

Well, it was me that said it. And it's not exactly what it says. It
says,
"thus a D8 is rolled against the Armour of whichever troops take the
potential
hits." But before that it says to roll as per small arms fire. In other
words,
you roll quality and firecon, and treat the fire like small arms fire.
The
impact is D8 as per a GPE round.

What I suggested was slightly different. Instead of treating it as
direct fire
against the squad, you would treat it like an artillery round with an
actual
burst radius. This could have the effect of hitting figures in two or
more
close squads, or only affecting one figure in the squad.

>Is there a restriction on which types of heavy weapons can fire at
>infantry somewhere? I can't find any, but then I'm not exactly known
>for being able to find rules in the SGII book :-/

It really DOES need an index...

And, no, there is no limit. Just that the impact is a D8, and quality
and
firecon dice are rolled.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: Dollar Store Treasures Next: Re: [SG2] vehicle weapons vs. infantry