Prev: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles Next: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:40:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range

Beth replied to:
>  >SRM range limitation finally came
>  >up in a game that I was playing in. It was
>  >a tail-chase. But both sides were able
>  > to exceed a velocity of 24mu before
>  >the SML carrying ships could get into range.
>
> Hurts doesn't it, that's why I always take some extended range stuff
vs
> people I know fly fast.

Actually, I _had_ SMR-ER, and I still never got a shot off--at the end
we were traveling 40mu/turn.  Fortunately I'd decided to take a
beam-heavy IF squadron instead of a missile squadron.  However, the
threat of facing massed SMR may have influenced my opponent's maneuvers
to my benefit--he turned away (at a point when I, benefiting from
hindsight, think he should have turned toward me), and as a consequence
I was able to stay in his A arc for longer than he was happy with.

But if I'd had an all-SMR squadron, I'd have been hurting.

Which brings up a point: if you have AP/A/AS facing SMR, can you place a
missile in your aft arc on a turn that you're thrusting?  I think that
it would be logical (although not with the rules-as-written) and it
could help dissuade a pursuer.

Prev: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles Next: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range