Prev: Re: FT-HH LAC`s Next: RE: FT-HH LAC`s

Grenades in FMA, notCylons, and pics for the GZG catalog

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 23:20:12 -0400
Subject: Grenades in FMA, notCylons, and pics for the GZG catalog

Grenades in FMA

Hi Allan and Co. Me and Los wrote some rough FMA rules, some of which
we'll
use as part of the CanAm at GZGECC. Ours were a wee bit nastier - weapon
ranges were quality based (a suggestion made and we liked it) and were
fairly long - so if you stood up in the open, you got swatted.

We also wrote some rules for grenades. The trick about grenades is this
-
they're quirky. They vary in type (how much concussion/fragmentation)
and
some kill at 100 yards (once in a while) and others have trouble killing
at
4m. Sometimes with the same grenade type.

Where you set off a grenade has a lot to do with it. Enclosed spaces are
VERY lethal. Profile has a lot to do with it - prone is the best,
kneeling
the next best, standing the worst. So does cover (in terms of your
defence).
If you can be prone, you can dodge most shrapnel.

We were toying with numbers... I don't recall, but things like d12 close
up,
but doubled indoors. I think the falloff we specified was done in such a
way
as to rate the rate of decay to d10, d8, d6 and d4 (then nothing) for
the
grenade - some grenades are nastier (start at a higher die type, but
decay
faster) and others cover more area (smaller die type, slower fall off).

Once I have the LosT extensions for FMA retranscribed and coallated, in
order to use exclusively at GZGECC IV, I'll post them to this list. I
don't
believe I'll be including much (if any) of the actual FMA - ours were
suggested mods and fill ins. Don't want to infringe Jon's intellectual
property rights! :)

As for the HTH in FMA, you can see in the points notes that part of the
intent is to provide a complex system with multiple HTH weapon
types/effects. This is good. I'd have liked to see some explosives rules
(help with grenades obviously) and some shotgun rules.

notCylons

what can I say? OH MY GOD! AWESOME! This "Luke Wimpwalker" just pales by
comparison to a true hero like... STARBUCK! (Him and Han would have
gotten
on together). I can't wait to get some Cylons for SG2 and FMA.

pics for the catalog

Dig in everyone! Fill your boots. Between us I'm sure we have a painted
(and
possibly photographed) version of every figure. No need for the catalog
have so many blanks! Heck, my gaming group alone probably has most of
the FT
line. I'm contributing some pics now if Paul wants em, and I'll try to
get
the digital camera and go on a photographing binge to get shots of
whatever
else I can add. We should all help out in the community spirit so that
no
other poor buyer has to wander around going "I wonder what that one
looks
like". So pitch in! <end cheerleader mode...>

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Prev: Re: FT-HH LAC`s Next: RE: FT-HH LAC`s