Prev: Re: Return of FMA... Next: Grenades in FMA, notCylons, and pics for the GZG catalog

Re: FT-HH LAC`s

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:13:53 -0700
Subject: Re: FT-HH LAC`s

At 5:45 PM -0700 10/10/00, John Leary wrote:
>--- bif smith <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>  This still leaves the
>>  problem of the limited range of the FT missiles
>>  (compaired to the HH
>>  missiles), but have ignored this to allow my mind to
>>  continue.
>XXX
>      (As I have not read the HH series, this is
>a guess)
>Suggestion:
>      Try moving the HH missles into the abstract.
>With a cross index of range vs number of missles
>yields chance to hit number.

The catch is that the range of an HH missile is *much*	higher than
energy weapons. By up to 12.5 to 1.

I'll note that in the current Hu'man Kra'vak pbem the KV forces
jumped in well over a hundred MU from the defending fleet. That's
about enough range to show the HH range disparity, but we're not
playing on a table. We're running from spreadsheets and maps. I think
this is the only way to game HH.

Another point is that missiles pull 45,000 Gs, while ships top out in
the low 500s. A 90-1 ratio, so ships are effectively stationary
targets for missiles.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza

Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Return of FMA... Next: Grenades in FMA, notCylons, and pics for the GZG catalog