Prev: Re: EU Heavies and Japanese PAs Next: Re: DS2 Mudular walkers

Help for Oerjan

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 20:39:51 -0400
Subject: Help for Oerjan

Tongue planted firmly in cheek...

I see our good friend Oerjan has the problem of having gamers who've
seen
the US, ex-sov, German, and Swede hardware. Try showing them some of the
obscure vehicles out of Africa or South America - some of them are quite
neat looking (as you well know *lol*). Or show them some Canadian
vehicles -
some of ours are rare enough _WE'VE_NEVER_SEEN_THEM. ;)

I think one point to address what Allan said - though we use the M113,
more
use is had form the new 8x8 LAV-style vehicle (can't recall what we call
it
- successor to the 6x6 Grizzly and 6x6 Cougar). Wheeled APCs and AFVs
are
all the rage now. Better mobility and self sufficiency I guess versus
tracked systems.

And I have to second Allan's other comment. Though I like very much many
of
the wonderful Americans I've met through this list (Jon, KR, Los, Kr'rt,
and
many others), I'm a Canuck and I'm *NOT* American. North American, sure.
Even better, Canadian. Better still (chuckle) Canadian of Scottish
descent.
But not an American please. That'd sort of be like me accusing any
middle
European of being a German or French just because they came from "sum
furrin
place".

*grin* And they say we Canadians aren't patriotic... yeah right.

Prev: Re: EU Heavies and Japanese PAs Next: Re: DS2 Mudular walkers