Prev: Fw: [Fwd: Navy Life] Next: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

Re: Fw: [Fwd: Navy Life]

From: oldecoot@w...
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:34:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Fw: [Fwd: Navy Life]

Lazerlight quoted:

>lock the bathroom door for 12 hours,
>and hang a sign on
>  it that reads "Secured - contact
> OA DIV at X-3053"

Aboard the aircraft carrier USS Eisenhower, CVN 69, I was part of the OA
Division.  The OA Div is O(perations) A(erography) Division, that is
weather guessers  for you landlubbers.	We only closed the head
(bathroom) to those in the back shoe navy (non-aviation personnel).
Those of us in the Aviation branch of the Navy could wear brown shoes
with our uniforms if you were a chief petty officer (NCO) or officer.
Airdales, CPO's and offcers, could wear a green color undress  uniform
also.  So much for  the concept of uniform services.  That's probably
more info than anyone needs or wants.

	 Eric G.

P.S. That's fairly accurate description on shipboard life, but aboard a
bird farm, things are a bit better than on a tin can (destroyer).

Fools say they learn by experience. I prefer to profit by other people's
experience -
Otto von Bismarck

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7663/

Prev: Fw: [Fwd: Navy Life] Next: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)